Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to School, Back to School

If you couldn't tell, I started school this past week. It went well as far as class is concerned and two of my courses ended up being cancelled! The first class I attended was 20th Century Art and my teacher is an intellectual, white-haired, working artist in Prague. He not only teaches art, but lives it, which makes class extremely interesting. Next, I went to Creative Writing, where the professor is a graduate of Brown and currently researching her next fiction novel. It will probably end up being my favorite class because she puts a lot of emphasis on creativity and making it accessible to readers, so all those random thoughts that I can't mass text from Katy and Rebecca's phone can just be put on paper! She also is recommending some great fiction authors to read. I came from my first Operations Management class a little bit ago. I know it will be very useful, but what's the deal with this homework crap? I was hoping that I would be able to focus more on the "abroad" part of this semester, rather than the "study," but I fear that wont be the case.

Found some great food spots recently! We used our trusty guidebooks to lead us to Beas Vegetarian Restaurant where we poured delicious Indian sauces over rice. I got a little taste of Whole Foods when I went to this Country Life vegan restaurant. I had vegan goulash and it was definitely tasty, plus they gave you free water, a luxury in Europe! Those restaurants were good, but Banditos Mexican Restaurant was one of the best places I've eaten here. I had veggie tacos and everything was fresh, spicy and came with the most amazing salsa in the world. So, the best Mexican food I have ever eaten was in the Czech Republic in a restaurant run by Americans?

Saturday, our group went to Pilsen, Czech Republic, which is considered the birthplace of beer. We climbed up 893,6473 flights of stairs to the top bell tower of the cathedral there, and the view of the city was spectacular. Then, we toured this huge tunnel network underneath the city which people used to store beer in the old days. At the end, we received a free beer, which was good, but I still could only finish half of it. =/

This weekend, we are going to Vienna, Austria! Tres excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment